Here are the results of an off the cuff survey of Youth Pastors.
What I learned NOT to do in Youth Ministry. I learned...
- Not to send 5 guys down a zip line in one harness.
- When re-enacting the crucifixion with a nail and hammer, don't assume the female volunteer will move her hand.
- No matter how responsible teens seem to be, don't leave them unsupervised.
- If guys go outside to make snow angels, make them wear shorts.
- Not to take myself too seriously.
- Not to gossip.
- That I should not back up on an interstate entrance ramp with a van load of teens.
- Not to read emails in the wrong place.
- Don't doubt the janitor dude.
- Jump at the same time onto the Blob.
- Don't let teens play the Salt Game that can send them to the emergency room.
- Not to interrupt parents before they tell their whole story.
- To be careful with what I tell my mother.
- Not to do the Birthday Spanking Gauntlet.
- To keep my mouth shut.
- To never shut off all the lights.
- Not to take the van load of teens to Hooters.