For the sake of simplicity, I forced myself to boil down the bare essentials of what I think a leader absolutely has to do to serve others well...
· Pray… "Get on your knees and fight like a man!”
· Motivate (vision)… “Don’t underestimate the power of a Story.”
· Mobilize (gifted placement)… “Serve from your Strengths.”
· Mentor (train/coach)… “You can only EXPECT what you have EXPLAINED."
· Measure (track results)… "INSPECT what you EXPECT!” I like memorable slogans so I added those.
I think that effective leaders intentionally and rhythmically cycle between these essentials.