Recently I moved from the off-site youth offices (aka, "Scranton") to the church (aka, "Corporate"). So I was faced with the decision of what to put on the walls of my office and on my bulletin board. I like to put up things that spur me on. Because I need visible reminders, I mark my 'turf' with meaningful items:
- A 35 year-old page from Our Daily Bread about not wasting time. My mom sent it to me when I was in college.
- My Open Water Diving Certificate.
- Two 20k, Dam to Dam, Race Numbers.
- My Personal Mission Statement.
- 10 Maxims that guided me in youth ministry.
- A quote from Thoreau that I copied from my daughter's bulletin board: "Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction."
- Sir Francis Drake's Prayer.
- Monthly Ministry "WINS" will be the next items going up on my wall.