Dozens of high school students were clustered in pairs and 3's and 4's with caring youth workers. I walked back and forth between the groups, praying, looking at the intensity of kids dealing with God, and, more importantly for me, filling my soul.
Thomas Young had challenged 900 students to come to Christ on Saturday night at the IMPACT conference. After a year of planning by our team we got to see the fruit. This is why I direct the IMPACT conference...
- A youth leader shared that 5 of his 15 students came to Christ at Impact. With a gleam in his eye, this volunteer leader said he will have to "reassess his youth curriculum for this coming semester" ( by the way, who wouldn't want a 30% conversion rate in their ministry?).
- A 16 year old girl followed up with me after my breakout seminar...she wants to stop cutting and burning herself. She wants to one day wear a wedding dress without scars showing.
- Something hit home with another girl in my breakout; she was in tears talking with a caring adult.
- Another kid shared with her leader her struggle with sexual identity issues.
- A junior is close to giving Christ his life.